Ebay Brushes Review

08:40

Hello everyone!

I am obsessed with buying make up brushes, i'm constantly on the hunt for new ones but I just hate the extra-ordinate price that comes with them! Apart from Real Techniques brushes, I never ventured into the world of Sigma, Zoeva etc simply because I couldn't bring myself to buy brushes worth so much. About a year ago I came across a few youtube videos stating there is a company on Ebay that are selling Sigma dupes at the fraction of the price, many of the reviews were positive, so with very little to lose I purchased myself some.



About The Product

The brand is called 'Jessup' and they offer many range of brushes, i've actually purchased three different sets from this company but i'll be focusing on this particular set today. As you can see, the set comes with ten brushes, five larger brushes for face and then five smaller brushes for the eyes. If you haven't noticed already, the small brushes are the exact same brush as the larger one but on a smaller scale.

(Starting from left to right)

1. TAPERED FACE BRUSH

As you can see from the first brush, this is tapered and extremely dense. I tend to use this for blending out my concealer and it works amazingly! This brush tends to blend out the concealer perfectly, while picking up the excess product. The tapered end of the brush really allows you to get into the corners of your eyes allowing a seamless blend.

2. FLAT TOP KABUKI

This brush has to be one of my favourites, many have compared it to be a dupe for the Sigma F80 however I can't really compare as I have never tried any brushes from Sigma. I use this for my foundation and it allows me to get such a flawless base and coverage. This is definitely my holy grail brush!

3. ROUND TOP

As this name suggests, its the classic round top brush perfect for blending out foundation. I don't usually tend to use this brush simply because I don't buff my foundation in circular motions but for those people who do, this would be a great brush!

4. ANGLED TOP KABUKI

This is actually similar to the flat top kabuki but instead its angled. I've also realised that this brush is not as dense so I tend to use this to lightly apply loose powder on my face.

5. ANGLED ROUND TOP

This again is similar to the round top brush but instead its angled. I don't have much use for this brush but I have given it to my mom who loves it for foundation.

6. SMALL TAPERED FACE BRUSH

I love this brush for either doing my nose contour or applying eyeshadow to my lower lash line.

7, 8, 9 AND 10. - BLENDING 

I would love to include a detailed review of the remaining brushes but I tend to use this for blending out my eyeshadow. They are on the larger side so its perfect for blending in the upper crease, I wouldn't recommend it for tapered precise blending!.

Quality

I have had these brushes for well over a year and I can honestly say they're amazing! If you do look after these brushes, they will last you a long time. However, I would like to point out that I tend to buy from the sellers who are shipping from China as I have previously purchased some brushes from UK sellers and the quality was just not the same! 

Price and Delivery

These brushes are £11 for all 10 with free delivery which I personally think is amazing! You can get them cheaper from other sellers but I tend to stick to the seller onmyway1975 as their brushes have never disappointed me! Delivery did take around 2-3 weeks but considering it was from China, that was expected and reasonable.

Overall thoughts

Overall I do love these brushes, they're great value for money and perform very well. I would definitely recommend checking these out and I will repurchase these again! 

I hope this was useful for many of you!
Thank you for reading!

Adalias Closet

You Might Also Like

96 comments

  1. I'm ashamed to say I still haven't found a good set of brushes... these look great though and I'll check them out!

    Via Sora

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are such a good affordable option! xx

      Delete
  2. These look great for the price!
    Thestyletune.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm actually surprised as to how good they are considering the price! xx

      Delete
  3. Thanks for sharing! I'm always on the hunt for new brushes!

    Brooke
    Pumps and Push-Ups

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that these brushes are budget-friendly and in my opinion that they'll be great for someone, who has already started adventure with makeup, glad to hear that you was pleased with them :)

    http://crafty-zone.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't used these brushes before but I love the way they look with the gold writing. Thanks for sharing your review, I'll have to check them out!

    http://www.mintnotion.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This set looks great; all shapes are included. Great that you are happy with the brushes.

    luxessed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have other brush collections which has a lot more variety of shapes! xx

      Delete
  7. Brushes look great! I've always wanted to try those and see what they're like :)

    http://thefashionconvert.blogspot.co.uk/
    http://secretbeautylife1.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really love the size of these brushes and the fact that you get so many in the set. I'm really liking your blog :) xxx

    http://izzyk1998.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. they look really nice quality, great post :)

    xo

    Inspirations Have I None

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are the brushes I use I think they're really good quality they were so worth a buy! I couldn't have reviewed them any better myself!

    - Eternalleigh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! These brushes seem like a real steal. I just bought one from Nyx... it's crazy how quickly they can add up in price. Next time I'll definitely have to buy these!

    Lindsey Elyse | lindseyginge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried any from NYX, would you recommend them? xx

      Delete
  12. I have seen a few reviews on this set and everyone seems to love it! I am hunting for a good set of makeup brushes that won't break my bank so thank you for the recommendation.

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
  13. They look like great brushes!

    God bless,

    XO, Claire

    Http://www.littlemissfashionqueen.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. The brushes sound great. Thanks for sharing!

    Florals&Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  15. I always hate the high price of makeup brushes myself. I'm so glad to hear that there are some less expensive ones out there. Thanks for the fantastic review!

    Kathy
    http://www.glamsimplified.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the same, I feel like high end brushes are ridiculously overpriced! xx

      Delete
  16. These brushes actually look gorgeous - I love makeup brushes and just add more and more to the collection! :)

    Layla xx

    http://www.sprinklesofstyle.co.uk
    http://www.youtube.com/sprinklesofstyle

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow that's amazing that they're so cheap - they look lovely x

    Gemma ♥ | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great review! I totally agree; love these brushes too!

    xo, Jennifer
    www.publicistinpearls.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. thanks for sharing babe
    xo
    http://thedemeler.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I would have never thought to look at ebay for brushes! Thanks for sharing. Xo, Ellese

    Rock.Paper.Glam.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neither did I till I saw other people reviewing these! xx

      Delete
  21. They do look pretty nice!

    xo Lauren
    www.earthtostyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love this review on the brushes. They look so good, it's neat how they're black and gold!
    VelvetandVino.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love this! I'm always on the hunt for great brushes, but they are so expensive. I invested in a Sigma set once, but have yet to venture back because of the price. These sound amazing so I should totally try these out!

    www.livelaughlinda.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really wanted Sigma brushes too but the price really put me off, I would recommend purchasing these first as they are a lot cheaper before making the commitment to get Sigma! xx

      Delete
  24. I love makeup brushes too and I have similar brush set and I love them.
    Beautetude

    ReplyDelete
  25. I need new brushes! Thinking about trying these out, great review love.

    Lots of love,
    Kayla xo // Kayla's Vibration

    ReplyDelete
  26. How much did the quality differ between the ones from China and ones from UK? This sounds like a fantastic product! I always love a good dupe. I will definitely be looking this up, I can always use some new brushes. Thanks for sharing!

    ~Andrea Tiffany~
    http://aglimpseofglam.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The ones from the UK were not as dense and the size of the brushes were a lot smaller in size! xx

      Delete
  27. I have been eyeing on sets like this from sometime. I need to give this a try. Thanks for sharing your experience with these<3

    Haul post | Curious And Confused Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would recommend getting them! xx

      Delete
  28. Hey it would be great to follow each others blogs and support each other. let me know when you do and i'll return.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Glad it is shipped fast on ebay.
    Love that it loos soft and easy to use.
    The price is good.

    The Bandwagon Chic | Instagram | Bloglovin | Snapchat: bandwagonchic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was quite surprised they came so quick considering it was from China! xx

      Delete
  30. Great review! x

    http://notforordinary.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  31. They look so pretty, I can just imagine how they feel to touch.

    www.jeannechristinemarie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. Great review!!

    www.alovelystyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. Great products!
    Kiss

    http://www.dontcallmefashionblogger.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. That's so awesome, I definitely need to invest in some new brushes. I have 2 by Real Techniques and the rest are some cheap ones I've had for years. One of my brushes doesn't even have a handle haha so sometimes I just use my fingers. :S Thanks for sharing these particular brand!

    Sally ~ DiagonSally

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only had real technique brushes before I bought these too! I do recommend these, they are really good quality and extremely inexpensive! xx

      Delete
  35. Great review, so helpful. Thank you for sharing!
    xx
    http://www.mybubblyzone.com/

    ReplyDelete
  36. I like your blog, its really dope.
    Do you want to follow each other?
    If you want, than follow me, and let me know in comments, so I can follow you back with pleasure.

    We can follow each other on Instagram @andjela.dujovic, let me know in the comments so I can follow you back.

    www.bekleveer.com
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  37. Glad you found brushes you like - I love that they have a gold accent to them!
    xo
    Siffat
    http://icingandglitter.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The one's i've bought actually have a silver accent but they're available in so many colours! xx

      Delete
  38. I also bought 2 sets from eBay froma brand "Style Master" and the brushes are just AMAZING! Great quality and really inexpensive... This ones seems pretty great too!
    Have a lovely day,
    Madalena

    www.maadalenaaa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've just looked them up and they look exactly the same! Its amazing how great they are considering they're from Ebay! xx

      Delete
  39. hey dear)) nice review, it was really helpful!! follow4follow?
    kisses from Ukraine :-***
    maliovanka.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  40. Nice blog! I love and i follow your blog, please follow me too
    http://alamodenatine.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  41. These brushes look gorgeous! Such a lovely review :)

    Sophie | soinspo xo

    ReplyDelete
  42. They seem to be awesome. I definitely should try them out.
    btw your blog is so lovely :)

    - http://itsmarryx17.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  43. I'm SO glad I came across this post, I'm saving it and then ordering these brushes . I'm desperately trying to get descent brushes but they're all so expensive ! This is such a brilliant deal and they sound great quality :)

    Lots of love, Marianne xxx

    http://myhappybubblexx.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  44. Hey love

    It us the first time visiting your blog and I really love it!

    Great content and nice pics!

    I have some ideas for collaboration between our blogs!

    Please take a look at my blog FASHIONRAILWAYS.COM and let

    me know if you are interested ;)

    xxx
    Vicky

    http://www.fashionrailways.com

    ReplyDelete
  45. So in love with your blog! You've got such a fresh style and it really is a pleasure to read it!
    Would you like to follow each other on GFC? If yes just let me know once done and I'll be right back!
    xoxo
    Patricia http://patriciacori.blogspot.ch

    ReplyDelete
  46. Great post! I have a thing for trying out new brushes also! x

    http://ashley11988.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  47. What a great post! I'm always looking for cheaper makeup brushes because I really can't wrap my brain over spend a whole lot of money on expensive brushes. I will have to check these out and it's great that you tested it over a the course of a year! Thanks for sharing!

    ~Crissy
    www.whimsicalfawn.com

    ReplyDelete
  48. I got these from Amazon and they are AMAZING! I love #2 for my foundation. And they were only $10. Love these!

    Nereyda│ This Girl Is Obsessed

    ReplyDelete